Thursday, October 8, 2015

M15 is Back !!!!!!



So I turn on the computer click on the cam and who do I get to see . Harriet ,well at least I think it's Harriet. So I check out face book and I hear vocals so I switch back to the cam and it's Slim so I think. OK that so it's early I can deal with the mix up. It's time for me to head to the nest. I arrive get set up and take a few pics. Something Is just not setting right with me I don't know what it is but would find out soon enough. Who I think is Slim drops down into the nest and Harriet is steady vocalizing.I'm giggling think she still doesn't want him in the nest .He hops up to the attic branch and Harriet is still vocalizing.  Both Harriet and what I think is Slim drop down into the nest. They do some aerating then Donna and I  hear the unmistakable vocals there was mating in the nest.It was too
 fast and still a bit dark to get photo's.But still this seemed a bit off for Donna and I ..
 By this time Bob,Jeff, Dave and Wilbur have shown up. Harriet and what we think is Slim are vocalizing and looking around.Both Donna and I commented several times that Harriet was very vocal this morning and wondered what she was seeing. He goes back up to the attic branch then back down in the nest again with Harriet and  again with the vocals. Harriet goes to the veranda and he goes back up to the attic branch. Harriet still vocal and both looking around. he then joins Harriet on the veranda and we are waiting to see "bonding/mating " again.Still we haven't caught on that this is not Slim. Boy were we slow this morning. Harriet goes back into the nest and he follows her. Both aerating again then Harriet hops over to the porch branch. Still with the vocals. from Harriet. By this time a few others have arrived. Bob, Jeff and Dave. Harriet still on the porch being very vocal then he leaves the nest ,flies around the pond and scares off the other bids that are there and flies to the right pond tree.
Who we think is Slim sat on the pond tree for a bit and Harriet still vocal. The  he flies back to the nest tree.
This is when it hit me that this is NOT Slim but M15. Holy Shit ! I let everyone know and they all checked their photo's and sure enough it's M15 . Well I'll be. No wonder it looked like Harriet first thing this morning on the cam and things just weren't sitting right . Know wonder Harriet was so vocal this morning too. Now we really have the story's going about why Harriet had been so vocal . She was fussing at M15 for being gone and how she had to put up with the young'en Slim that stopped by on and on. Poor Harriet .I wonder what she was really thinking about all of this.
Well now we are scrambling to get photo's to prove this is M15. Donna and I know the makers. We let the big lens know also so they can get a better photo. M15 does a PS right into the nest and Jeff just started laughing and said that sealed the deal for him. M15 always did a PS into the nest.. Donna is already by the sidewalk with Wilbur and Dave so I join them after Jeff leaves to go home.
We have a better view of M15's back side. Sure enough we get the shot we need to tell it's M15. We already know it wasn't Slim because of too much white on his head and tail. How in the world we missed this is beyond me.
Even the eyes , how did we miss that. Boy oh boy ....
M15 drops down into the nest with Harriet again. Both aerating then Harriet back to the porch branch and M15 up to the attic branch. Harriet still vocalizing off an on . She roused her feathers then goes to the branch above the attic branch. Those unmistakable vocals start again and M15 hops up next to Harriet but not on top of her so Harriet side kicked him not once but twice . OMG we are just laughing. Harriet would do this to Ozzie . Boy she sure is running on hormones. If her time is still the same with M15 as it was with Ozzie ,she is ready.
M15 still doesn't hop up on Harriet and so Harriet goes to her branch just a fussing and M15 goes way to the other side of the nest tree. Ohh the laughter from all of us. Harriet is sitting looking to the NW  with her back to M15 and he is sitting looking to the SW then turns his back on her. More laughter from those of us still watching. Not to long after this M15 fies off heading in the ESE direction. Harriet watches him leave then preens some then something caught her eye and she is looking n the same direction that M15 took. Soon Harriet leaves heads over the Church then in the same direction as M15 . I watch her circling then out of sight.
Wow what a morning. I just hope Slim is ok and left without a fight. M15 looks good. Have no idea where he has been or when he came home. Of course it had to be some time last night and no one really noticed it was him. Good to have him home. Slim is young and hopefully he will not put up a fight for the nest and territory. M15 spent 6 months  with Harriet and chased off others. This is his home more than it was Slims.  But again only time will tell if Slim comes back.                                
































30 comments:

  1. Maybe the other eagle that was sitting on the cell tower before Oz went to rainbow bridge was M15. And the drama continues...................................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your recap. Good to M15 is okay. Glad he is back. Now he just needs to "get his act together just a little bit faster for Queen Harriet." All in eagle time, I guess. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying your recap. Good to M15 is okay. Glad he is back. Now he just needs to "get his act together just a little bit faster for Queen Harriet." All in eagle time, I guess. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! Emotions high! Too much drama! Just when I get used to Slim...here comes M15 (still don't like that "name"!). Come on, Harriet..Please make a decision...don't think I've ever heard of Eagles having "affairs"! We need just one "hubby" on this nest! The choice is yours to make! Phew...now I feel better...had to get that off my chest! So very glad to see M15 is well and strong..was really worried about him! Thanks again, Dee, for the great blog and wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is talk that Slim may be an offspring of O

      and H.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so trilled he is ok I wonder where he was Laying lo till the heat was gone Just doesn't make sense to me but we will never know and thanks for all the updates on this nest I do go down there when I can since I live 120 some miles from there Once again Thanks for all you do for us eagleholics or eagleaddicts <3 I just hope there is no fight when Slim comes around my deletes wanted to do one

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy! Cant wait to see what unfolds! Thanks for being there and sharing the big news! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. He probably knew all the hard work he has ahead of him, so he decided to do a mini vacay!! Lol so happy he's back, especially since it can't be Ozzie ever again....

    ReplyDelete
  9. He probably knew all the hard work he has ahead of him, so he decided to do a mini vacay!! Lol so happy he's back, especially since it can't be Ozzie ever again....

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome beyond words. I am so happy for Harriet and for FV. I had posted in the Hanover Eagle Cam group that I had a dream about FV last night. Harriet took off looking for him to find him and save/help him if he needed help. In this past week I have seen posts of 3 eagles that were rescued and one was released yesterday. I am wondering if this wasn't FV and why he has now returned back to his love, Harriet. Although I loved watching Slim, Slim was a youngster with much to learn. He wasn't old enough to know what to do, but in due time his time will come. Until then fly safe and free Slim. Thanks for looking out for our Harriet while FV was away. <3 <3 <3

    Thank you so much for sharing this Dee. This has made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If M15 was injured and released yesterday wouldn't he have a band?

      Delete
  11. So glad you're here to tell the story

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Dee for sharing, this is great news!! Was there this morning too and heard Harriet talking like crazy, music to my ears. Looking forward to this new chapter for her.

    just your crazy early cyclist

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for everything. You must be so freaking excited by the events you have witnessed the past 10 days. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant report Dee, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So happy...Hope Harriet accepts him back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for confirming & being there this morning to let us all know. I have been sad thinking that we may have lost him, when Ozzie & him tusseled mid air, and we hadn't seen him. He is young compared to Oz, but he was there for Harriet when she needed him. He presented, provided & protected - awesome qualties for a possible new "dad". I am so glad he back. What an interesting year in the nest already. Fly free Ozzie, you are dearly missed - your lady has so much more to teach us. And thanks Dee for being there to share it with us. Sue from Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful... what an exciting morning it must have been. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what is aerating? is it when they flight-dance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is when the pick at the bottom of the nest pulling and tugging at the material in the nest On the eagle blog I blog with we call it moving the flugg rearranging it of sorts

      Delete
  19. Thanks for confirming & being there this morning to let us all know. I have been sad thinking that we may have lost him, when Ozzie & him tusseled mid air, and we hadn't seen him. He is young compared to Oz, but he was there for Harriet when she needed him. He presented, provided & protected - awesome qualties for a possible new "dad". I am so glad he back. What an interesting year in the nest already. Fly free Ozzie, you are dearly missed - your lady has so much more to teach us. And thanks Dee for being there to share it with us. Sue from Michigan

    ReplyDelete